Asking Permission | English Conversation Dialogues

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Learning English Conversations and please practice the dialogues by using useful phrases below:

Asking Permission
Giving Permission
Refusing Permission
Can I …, please?
By all means.
I’m afraid it is not possible.
Could I …, please?
Certainly.
I’m refusing.
Do (Would) you mind if I …?
Go ahead.
I’m sorry, I cannot let you …
I wonder if I could …
I can’t see any objections.
I’m sorry, I don’t have the authority to let you …
Is it alright if I …?
Yes, of course.
No, you may not.
May I …, please?
You can if you want
Permission will not be granted.
Etc.
You may if you like.
Sorry, It’s not possible.

You have my permission.
You’re not allowed to …

Etc.
Etc.

Examples of English Conversations:

On the Train

Armand: Excuse me. Would you mind my opening that window?
Bryan: Not at all, please go ahead.
Armand: Thank you. It’s very hot here.
Bryan: True. Can I take some water from your pitcher?
Armand: Certainly. Can I have that magazine for a while?
Bryan: I’m sorry, I haven’t finished reading it. I’ll give it to you as soon as I’ve finished.
Armand: Thank you.

Between Friends

Roman: HI Bobby! Would you mind I kept this here?
Bobby: Not at all.
Roman: I’ll come back around eleven. Is it ok?
Bobby: Fine. I may not be here then. But Cindy will be.
Roman: Fine. Shall I keep it in that corner?
Bobby: Oh, yes. It’s safer there.

At the Meeting

Ryan: Excuse me. If you don’t mind, I’d like to make a suggestion.
Mark: Please go ahead.
Ryan: It would be a good idea if we considered the latest developments in the field
 while examining the project proposal.
Mark: The latest developments? Could you give me more details?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
DMCA.com